Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

2.11.2011

Love is for friends, Day 11

For Shauna:

Day 11: I'm thankful for you right now. We talked earlier and I was frustrated about something going on in my home. You took the edge off my voice, and stopped me from a conflict I would have caused. Then you reminded me that probably most of my frustration was because I feel crummy today anyway (right now my sinuses are killing me!). You were so right. Your wisdom softened my words and my heart, and everything worked out better than expected. I so needed your gentle steering, not just empathy and understanding. I got off the phone and really felt the truth that 2 are better than 1. Thank you for listening, and then not just telling me what I want to hear.


For Leslie:

Day 11:  i love how you love my kids.
i always know their feelings are safe with you.
even if they are being a pain in the butt.
you treat them as you would your own.
that is a beautiful gift.


{Thanks, friends, for following our February Advent. To view all the posts in this conversation, click on the tag "Love is for friends" on the sidebar}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...