Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

2.08.2011

Love is for friends, Day 8

For Shauna:

Day 8: I love how giving you are. Your level of generosity challenges me. I'm sure you don't realize it, but sometimes giving generously, for me, goes against my nature to be measured and fair. That's why I don't think of it as much. And you remind me that giving is really, really important. I love how you model being a blessing to others for no reason other than lavishing them with love. You're awesome at that.

For Leslie:

Day 8: i love how helpful you are.  i think you maybe got that from your mom...she seems gifted in that area.  if there is a problem, and i am sharing it with you, you usually will pipe up with a solution or a volunteer to help, if you can. when, for me, it feels like a closed door, you still have 2 or 3 more options to try.
ok, ok, if i am in a not so healthy or frazzled conditions, or forgetting my own boundaries, i MAY get a little annoyed at this, but when i look at you from my seat at the computer right now, that helpfulness seems really great. i know this is how your mind works. trying things from every angle before giving up....i love that. i wish i was more like that. many times i don't even think of helping you find solutions....maybe because i know you are so good at it.

{Thanks, friends, for following our February Advent. To view all the posts in this conversation, click on the tag "Love is for friends" on the sidebar}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...